Travel and Operational Updates
This information is accurate as of today. Depending on when your stay is scheduled, these details could change. Please check back regularly for updates.
We know that you weigh your travel decisions even more carefully during this time of heightened awareness, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Old Edwards again soon. The mountains are in their full glory right now, as spring brings fresh air, new life, sunshine and multiple opportunities for venturing out to commune with nature, helping to cleanse our minds and refresh our bodies.
On May 8, we reopened with limited occupancy. While our hotels were closed, our team has stayed busy preparing for a safe and comfortable return for guests. An exhaustive list of extensive cleaning and safety measures are being implemented in every aspect of our operations, including the use of air-cleansing ionizers across the property. Listed below are additional new practices that pertain to the guest experience, so please read them carefully prior to visiting.
General Safety and Prevention
- Employees and arriving guests will be greeted by one of our designated wellness concierges to have their temperature checked with a touchless thermometer. Anyone with a temperature of 100 degrees or above will be asked to leave the property. If you are not feeling well, please stay home—particularly if you have a temperature—in order to avoid an uncomfortable situation upon arrival. Also, we encourage the highly vulnerable to stay at home and continue taking all extra precautions recommended for at-risk populations.
- We are limiting occupancy to provide extra space and distancing in our common areas.
- Our employees are wearing masks and gloves. We strongly urge guests to also wear masks in common indoor areas and to respect all guests and employees by practicing six-foot distancing at all times. If you are traveling with small children, please continuously monitor them for safe distancing and non-touch practices.
- We have rearranged furniture groupings in our common areas into "personal pods" to provide comfortable and safe spaces for you to relax and enjoy yourself.
Food and Beverage Service
Following our Governor’s mandate, property restaurants will now be open at 50% capacity. Further details are as follows:
- Madison's is open seven days a week for breakfast (walk-in guests and members only) from 7 am - 10 am, lunch from 11:30 am - 2 pm and dinner from 6 - 9 pm. Reservations for lunch and dinner are strongly suggested during this time, preferably at the time of booking.
- Madison’s Restaurant will also be providing a boxed breakfast for purchase. Pick up or delivery to your room is available from 7 to 10 am.
- The Wine Garden will be open for lunch from 11:30 am - 2 pm, light fare will be served from 2 - 6 pm and dinner from 6 - 9 pm as a walk-in service.
- Inquire about other areas on the property that are available for cocktails and light fare services.
- Four65 Woodfire Bistro + Bar is open daily for walk-in service from 11 am to 10 pm. Inside pick up is available via Four65.com, where guests can order food/beer/wine from Chow Now and have it delivered around the property or picked up at 465 Main Street beside The Wine Garden. Delivery should be requested and payment made at the time of order.
- Beer and Bottled Wine are available for purchase on the property.
- Many restaurants in Highlands are open for curbside pickup, including several breakfast choices. Our concierge will be able to assist you with a current list upon arrival.
In accordance with current legal restrictions, use of amenities is modified as follows:
- Pools will be open and seating around the decks has been rearranged to accommodate safety guidelines. Guests should sign in and are asked to limit their time to 2 hours or less. Please do not move furniture. Several "personal pods" have been set up in close proximity to the pools for those wishing to lounge nearby.
- Beginning Saturday May 23rd, full bar service will be available poolside at the Hickory Pool only.
- Open and available for use is the golf course at Old Edwards Club where modified rules of engagement are in place.
- We have furnished additional outdoor areas where you can find a serene spot to relax with your party while practicing safe distancing.
- The Spa will be opening May 23rd except for the amenities (whirlpools, saunas, steam rooms).
- The Fitness Center will remain closed. Our wellness staff is providing a modified schedule of daily classes around the property where safe distancing is possible, as well as other activities such as guided hikes. In accordance with current NC laws, group classes and activities are limited to 10 guests, and everyone in attendance must practice safe distancing.
- Simple fitness gear can be delivered to guest rooms, sterilized and ready for use. Please contact the front desk to make arrangements.
- The Game Room will open as well. Please stop by the front desk for a key and a quick briefing on policies regarding its use.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Highlands and Old Edwards, and we remain open to your questions and feedback. We appreciate your cooperation in helping us maintain an experience that is relaxing, comfortably social and in everyone’s best interest.