Travel and Operational Updates
This information is accurate as of today. Depending on when your stay is scheduled, these details could change. Please check back regularly for updates.
We know that you weigh your travel decisions even more carefully during this time of heightened awareness, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Old Edwards again soon.
An exhaustive list of extensive cleaning and safety measures are being implemented in every aspect of our operations, including the use of air-cleansing ionizers across the property. Listed below are additional new practices that pertain to the guest experience, so please read them carefully prior to visiting.
General Safety and Prevention
- Pursuant to Governor Roy Cooper’s Executive Order 147, and to further ensure guest well-being, effective June 26 masks or face coverings are mandatory for anyone 11 years and over while in public spaces. This includes streets and sidewalks in town. While we plan to have masks on hand for purchase, please be sure to bring a mask or other face-covering with you. Town officials do plan to enforce this new policy.
- Employees and arriving guests will be greeted by one of our designated wellness concierges to have their temperature checked with a touchless thermometer. Anyone with a temperature of 100 degrees or above will be asked to leave the property. If you are not feeling well, please stay home—particularly if you have a temperature—in order to avoid an uncomfortable situation upon arrival. Also, we encourage the highly vulnerable to stay at home and continue taking all extra precautions recommended for at-risk populations.
- We are promoting distancing in our common areas.
- Our employees are wearing masks and using hand sanitizer when unable to wash their hands often. We strongly urge guests to also respect other guests and employees by practicing six-foot distancing at all times. If you are traveling with small children, please continuously monitor them for safe distancing and non-touch practices.
- We have rearranged furniture groupings in our common areas into "personal pods" to provide comfortable and safe spaces for you to relax and enjoy yourself.
Food and Beverage Service
Following our Governor’s mandate, property restaurants are open at 50% capacity. Please make all dinner reservations at the time of booking, otherwise it is highly unlikely there will be any availability upon arrival. Further details are as follows:
- Due to the same North Carolina Executive Order, masks must be worn by anyone 11 years of age and over when not seated at the table.
- Madison's Restaurant is open seven days a week for breakfast (Old Edwards Inn and 200 Main guests and members only) from 7 am - 10 am, lunch (open to the public) from 11:30 am - 2 pm and dinner (Old Edwards Inn and Half-Mile Farm guests and members only) from 6 - 9 pm. Once again, please make all dinner reservations at the time of booking, otherwise it is highly unlikely there will be any availability upon arrival.
- Madison’s Restaurant will also be providing a boxed breakfast, lunch and dinner for purchase. Pick up or delivery to your room is available from 7 am to 9 pm.
- The Wine Garden is open to the public for lunch from 11:30 am - 4 pm, light fare from 4 - 6 pm and dinner from 6 - 9 pm as a walk-in service.
- Four65 Woodfire Bistro + Bar is open to the public daily for dine-in from 11 am - 10 pm) and takeout from 12 - 9:30 pm. Guest delivery is available via Four65.com, where guests can order food/beer/wine and have it delivered around the property or pick it up at 465 Main Street beside The Wine Garden. Delivery should be requested and payment made at the time of order. Beer and Bottled Wine are available from Four65 for purchase as well.
- Learn more about other areas on the property that are open for cocktails and light fare.
- Many restaurants in Highlands are open for curbside pickup, including several breakfast choices. Our concierge will be able to assist you with a current list upon arrival.
In accordance with current legal restrictions, use of amenities is modified as follows:
- Whirlpools are open, however, our pools are closed for the season.
- Full bar and light fare options are available daily at Hickory Pool, and beverage service is available weekends at the Falls Pool.
- Open and available for use is the golf course at Old Edwards Club where modified rules of engagement are in place.
- We have furnished additional outdoor areas where you can find a serene spot to relax with your party while practicing safe distancing.
- The Spa at Old Edwards is open including the solariums, Spa Café and whirlpool (saunas and steam rooms are closed). For the comfort and safety of all of our guests and employees, masks are required within the Spa. Please make all spa reservations at the time of booking, otherwise it is highly unlikely there will be any availability upon arrival.
- The Game Room is also open by appointment, please stop by for a key and quick briefing on the new policies for use.
Due to the NC governor’s order—our fitness center will now open at 30% capacity, which means 12 people at a time. We are asking guests to limit time in the facility to one hour when it is at capacity. The following rules are in place while using the fitness center:
- Sanitize your hands
- A temperature check is required, and if it exceeds 100 degrees, you will be asked to leave the premises.
- Sign In
- Read Instructional Signs Carefully
FITNESS CENTER USE
- Masks must be worn when not strenuously exercising, including entering and exiting the facility
- Sanitize equipment, hands and all touchpoints BEFORE and AFTER each use
- Limit time in the center to one hour when the fitness center is at capacity (12 people)
- Do not use equipment that is adjacent to the equipment being used by another guest.
- Our wellness staff will continue providing a modified schedule of daily classes around the property where safe distancing is possible, as well as other activities such as guided hikes. In accordance with current NC laws, group classes and activities are limited to 10 guests, and everyone in attendance must practice safe distancing.
- Simple fitness gear can be delivered to guest rooms, sterilized and ready for use. Please contact the front desk to make arrangements.
We look forward to welcoming you to Highlands and Old Edwards, and we remain open to your questions and feedback. We appreciate your cooperation in helping us maintain an experience that is relaxing, comfortably social and in everyone’s best interest.