Travel and Operational Updates
This information is accurate as of today. Depending on when your stay is scheduled, these details could change. Please check back regularly for updates.
We know that you weigh your travel decisions even more carefully during this time of heightened awareness, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Old Edwards again soon.
An exhaustive list of extensive cleaning and safety measures are being implemented in every aspect of our operations, including the use of air-cleansing ionizers across the property. Listed below are additional new practices that pertain to the guest experience, so please read them carefully prior to visiting.
General Safety and Prevention
- Following the NC Governor's mandate and to further ensure guest well-being, masks or face coverings are mandatory for anyone 11 years and over while indoors.
- If you are not feeling well, please stay home—particularly if you have a temperature—in order to avoid an uncomfortable situation upon arrival. Also, we encourage the highly vulnerable to stay at home and continue taking all extra precautions recommended for at-risk populations.
- We are promoting distancing in our common areas.
- Our employees are wearing masks and using hand sanitizer when unable to wash their hands often. We strongly urge guests to also respect other guests and employees by practicing six-foot distancing at all times. If you are traveling with small children, please continuously monitor them for safe distancing and non-touch practices.
- We have rearranged furniture groupings in our common areas into "personal pods" to provide comfortable and safe spaces for you to relax and enjoy yourself.
Food and Beverage Service
Following North Carolina mandates, property restaurants are open at 75% capacity. Please make all dinner reservations at the time of booking, otherwise it is highly unlikely there will be any availability upon arrival. Further details are as follows:
- Due to North Carolina mandates, masks covering the nose and mouth must be worn by anyone 11 years of age and over at all times, except when partaking of food and beverage.
- Madison's Restaurant is open seven days a week for breakfast (Old Edwards Inn and 200 Main guests and members only) from 7 am - 10 am, lunch (open to the public) from 11:30 am - 2 pm and dinner (Old Edwards Inn and Half-Mile Farm guests and members only) from 6 - 9 pm. Once again, please make all dinner reservations at the time of booking, otherwise it is highly unlikely there will be any availability upon arrival.
- In-room dining available from Madison’s Restaurant providing breakfast, lunch and dinner for purchase.
- Four65 Woodfire Bistro + Bar is open to the public daily for dine-in from 11 am - 10 pm and takeout from 12 - 9:30 pm. Guest delivery is available via Four65.com, where guests can have food/beer/wine delivered around the property or pick it up at 465 Main Street beside The Wine Garden. Delivery should be requested and payment made at the time of order. Beer, bottled wine and cocktails are available from Four65 for purchase as well.
- Learn more about other areas on the property that are open for lunch, dinner, cocktails and light fare.
- Many restaurants in Highlands are open for curbside pickup, including several breakfast choices. Our concierge will be able to assist you with a current list upon arrival.
In accordance with current legal restrictions, use of amenities is modified as follows:
- We have furnished additional outdoor areas where you can find a serene spot to relax with your party while practicing safe distancing.
- The Spa at Old Edwards is open including the solariums, Spa Café and whirlpool (saunas and steam rooms are closed). For the comfort and safety of all of our guests and employees, masks are required within the Spa. Please make all spa reservations at the time of booking, otherwise it is highly unlikely there will be any availability upon arrival.
- At Old Edwards Club, modified rules of engagement will be in place this season. Please call 828-526-1783 if you have specific questions.
Due to the NC governor’s order—our fitness center is open at 75% capacity. The following rules are in place while using the fitness center:
- Sanitize your hands
- Sign In
- Read Instructional Signs Carefully
FITNESS CENTER USE
- Masks must be worn when not strenuously exercising, including entering and exiting the facility.
- Sanitize equipment, hands and all touchpoints BEFORE and AFTER each use.
- Do not use equipment that is adjacent to the equipment being used by another guest.
- In accordance with current NC laws, group classes and activities are limited to 12 guests, and everyone in attendance must practice safe distancing.
We look forward to welcoming you to Highlands and Old Edwards, and we remain open to your questions and feedback. We appreciate your cooperation in helping us maintain an experience that is relaxing, comfortably social and in everyone’s best interest.