Easter Celebration and Hosted Weekend at Half-Mile Farm with Chef Craig Richards
April 7 - 9, 2023 April 7, 2023 April 9, 2023 Old Edwards Hospitality Group
Please join us for a grown-up Easter weekend featuring Executive Chef Craig Richards of Lyla Lila in Atlanta! Easter is the perfect time to leave routine behind and celebrate Spring in the splendor of Mother Nature surrounded by the pastoral grounds of Half-Mile Farm.
Friday, April 7
- Fresh Pasta demo and tasting with Executive Chef Craig Richards in the Woodland View Room from 5 - 6 pm during Social Hour with additional complimentary hors d’oeuvres and live music until 8 pm. Craft beverages are available from the J. Henry Farmhouse Tavern.
Saturday, April 8
- Special Breakfast Creations from 8 - 10:30 am.
- Social Hour from 5 - 6 pm will feature complimentary hors d'oeuvres, and live music from 5 - 8 pm. Craft beverages are available from the J. Henry Farmhouse Tavern.
- Grown-up Easter Egg Hunt (outside weather permitting) from 4 - 6 pm with prizes including J. Henry Farmhouse Tavern cocktails
Half-Mile Farm merchandise, an overnight stay, and more!
- Dinner with Executive Chef Craig Richards at The Farm at Old Edwards from 6 pm. Open to the public. Transportation to The Farm provided. BOOK ONLINE NOW
Sunday, April 9
- Enjoy a three-course Easter Sunday Brunch from 8:30 - 11 am. Included in your room rate. No reservations are required.
- Sip and mingle with a complimentary Mimosa & Champagne served tableside starting at 10 am. Limit of one per guest.
About Craig Richards
Executive Chef Craig Richards spent five years of training under the renowned first lady of Italian cuisine Lidia Bastianich before accepting a job at La Tavola in Atlanta in 2005. He saw this move as an opportunity to start cooking and developing his own style of Italian food. Over the next six years, Richards established La Tavola as a significant restaurant in the Atlanta market and one that provided simple, yet progressive regional Italian food. He continued his craft at Fifth Group’s Ecco expanding into Spanish, French, and North African food.
In 2014, Richards took on the challenge of opening celebrity chef and restaurateur Ford Fry’s newest restaurant venture, St. Cecilia. After six months, Richards took over as Executive Chef and displayed the Italian trademarks that have always stood the test of time, but with versatile and local Southern ingredients. His simplicity met with sophistication catapulted the position of St. Cecilia in Atlanta’s dining scene and the restaurant was lauded by FOOD & WINE, Zagat, Southern Living, Forbes, Atlanta Magazine, and the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, as well as named one of the top restaurants in Atlanta by The Atlantan. In April of 2017, Fry promoted Richards to Vice President of Culinary for Ford Fry Restaurants, while still serving as Executive Chef at St. Cecilia. In the fall of 2018, Richards announced plans to partner with restaurateur Bill Streck (Hampton + Hudson; Nina & Rafi) to open Lyla Lila in the Lilli Midtown building. Opened in December 2019, Lyla Lila is an expression of Southern European culinary traditions with an emphasis on Italian cuisine, natural wines and curated cocktails. In 2022, he was nominated a semifinalist by the James Beard Foundation for its Best Chef: Southeast and in 2022 and 2023, Lyla Lila was nominated for Outstanding Wine Program.
Hosted events are for Half-Mile Farm guests only.
To attend these complimentary events at Half-Mile Farm from April 7 - 9, book your stay today.