Travel and Operational Updates
This information is accurate as of today. Depending on when your stay is scheduled, these details could change. Please check back regularly for updates.
We know that you weigh your travel decisions even more carefully during this time of heightened awareness, and we look forward to welcoming you back to 200 Main again soon.
An exhaustive list of extensive cleaning and safety measures are being implemented in every aspect of our operations, including the use of air-cleansing ionizers across the property. Listed below are additional new practices that pertain to the guest experience, so please read them carefully prior to visiting.
General Safety and Prevention
- Due to North Carolina mandates and to further ensure guest well-being, masks or face coverings are mandatory for anyone 11 years and over while in public spaces. This includes streets and sidewalks in town. While we have masks on hand for purchase, please be sure to bring a mask or other face-covering with you.
- Unless an activity is considered essential, recent North Carolina mandates require being in your guestroom between 10 pm and 5 am.
- Employees and arriving guests will have their temperature checked with a touchless thermometer. Anyone with a temperature of 100 degrees or above will be asked to leave the property. If you are not feeling well, please stay home—particularly if you have a temperature—in order to avoid an uncomfortable situation upon arrival. Also, we encourage the highly vulnerable to stay at home and continue taking all extra precautions recommended for at-risk populations.
- We are promoting distancing in our common areas.
- Our employees are wearing masks and using hand sanitizer when unable to wash their hands often. We strongly urge guests to also wear masks in common indoor areas and to respect other guests and employees by practicing six-foot distancing at all times. If you are traveling with small children, please continuously monitor them for safe distancing and non-touch practices.
- We have rearranged and lightened up furniture groupings in our common areas to provide a comfortable and safe space for you to relax and enjoy yourself.
Food and Beverage Service
Following our Governor’s mandate, property restaurants will now be open at 50% capacity. Please make all dinner reservations at the time of booking, otherwise it is highly unlikely there will be any availability upon arrival. Further details are as follows:
- Due to North Carolina mandates, all alcoholic beverages must be purchased and served by 9 pm and masks covering the nose and mouth must be worn by anyone 11 years of age and over at all times, except when partaking of food and beverage.
- Our morning fruit is still temporarily suspended, however, we now offer coffee at the Front Desk.
- Many Highlands restaurants are open for curbside or inside pickup (view list here)—including the new Four65 Woodfire Bistro + Bar where you order and pay in advance at Four65.com. Four65 Woodfire Bistro + Bar is open to the public daily for dine-in from 11 am - 9 pm and takeout from 12 - 9:30 pm.
- Madison's Restaurant is open seven days a week for breakfast from 7 am - 10 am (200 Main and Old Edwards Inn guests and members only) and lunch from 11:30 am - 2 pm (open to the public) .
- Our front desk team will be able to assist you with other options once you arrive.
Due to the NC governor’s order—our fitness center is open at 30% capacity, which means three guests at a time. We are asking guests to limit time in the facility to one hour when it is at capacity. The following rules are in place while using the fitness center:
- Sanitize your hands
- Sign In
- Read Instructional Signs Carefully
FITNESS CENTER USE
- Masks must be worn when not strenuously exercising, including entering and exiting the facility
- Sanitize equipment, hands and all touchpoints BEFORE and AFTER each use
- Limit time in the center to one hour when the fitness center is at capacity (3 people)
- Do not use equipment that is adjacent to the equipment being used by another guest
We look forward to welcoming you to Highlands and 200 Main, and we remain open to your questions and feedback. We appreciate your cooperation in helping us maintain an experience that is relaxing, comfortably social, and in everyone’s best interest.