Travel and Operational Updates
This information is accurate as of today. Depending on when your stay is scheduled, these details could change. Please check back regularly for updates.
We know that you weigh your travel decisions even more carefully during this time of heightened awareness, and we look forward to welcoming you back to 200 Main again soon. The mountains are in their full glory right now, as summer brings fresh air, warm sunshine, and multiple opportunities for venturing out to commune with nature, helping to cleanse our minds and refresh our bodies.
As of May 8, 2020, 200 Main is now open. While our hotel was closed, our team stayed busy preparing for a safe and comfortable return for guests. An exhaustive list of extensive cleaning and safety measures are being implemented in every aspect of our operations, including the use of air-cleansing ionizers across the property. Listed below are additional new practices that pertain to the guest experience, so please read them carefully prior to visiting.
General Safety and Prevention
- Pursuant to Governor Roy Cooper’s Executive Order 147, and to further ensure guest well-being, effective June 26 masks or face coverings are mandatory for anyone 11 years and over while in public spaces. This includes streets and sidewalks in town. While we plan to have masks on hand for purchase, please be sure to bring a mask or other face-covering with you. Town officials do plan to enforce this new policy.
- Employees and arriving guests will have their temperature checked with a touchless thermometer. Anyone with a temperature of 100 degrees or above will be asked to leave the property. If you are not feeling well, please stay home—particularly if you have a temperature—in order to avoid an uncomfortable situation upon arrival. Also, we encourage the highly vulnerable to stay at home and continue taking all extra precautions recommended for at-risk populations.
- We are promoting distancing in our common areas.
- Our employees are wearing masks and using hand sanitizer when unable to wash their hands often. We strongly urge guests to also wear masks in common indoor areas and to respect other guests and employees by practicing six-foot distancing at all times. If you are traveling with small children, please continuously monitor them for safe distancing and non-touch practices.
- We have rearranged and lightened up furniture groupings in our common areas to provide a comfortable and safe space for you to relax and enjoy yourself.
Food and Beverage Service
Due to our Governor’s mandate, restaurants and foodservice are modified as follows:
- Our morning fruit is still temporarily suspended, however, we may now offer coffee at the Front Desk.
- Many Highlands restaurants are open for curbside or inside pickup (view list here)—including the new Four65 Woodfire Bistro + Bar where you order and pay in advance at Four65.com. Four65 Woodfire Bistro + Bar is open daily for dine-in or takeout service from 11 am to 9 pm.
- Madison's is open seven days a week for breakfast (walk-in guests and members only) from 7 am - 10 am, lunch from 11:30 am - 2 pm and dinner from 6 - 9 pm. Reservations for lunch and dinner are strongly suggested during this time, preferably at the time of booking.
- The Wine Garden will be open for lunch from 11:30 am - 4 pm, light fare will be served from 4 - 6 pm and dinner from 6 - 9 pm as a walk-in service. To help manage crowding, dinners on Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings will be restricted to guests only.
- Our front desk team will be able to assist you with other options once you arrive.
In accordance with current legal restrictions, use of amenities is modified as follows:
- The pool is open and seating around the decks has been rearranged to accommodate safety guidelines. Guests should sign in and are asked to limit their time to 2 hours or less. Please do not move furniture.
- Open and available for use is the fire pit and golf at Old Edwards Club where modified rules of engagement are in place.
- The fitness center is temporarily closed, but the game room will be available. Please stop by the front desk for a key and a quick briefing on policies regarding its use.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Highlands and 200 Main, and we remain open to your questions and feedback. We appreciate your cooperation in helping us maintain an experience that is relaxing, comfortably social, and in everyone’s best interest.