Hosted Weekend with Killer Bees Honey
February 26 - 28, 2021 February 26, 2021 February 28, 2021 Old Edwards Hospitality Group
Hailing from Lake Toxaway, North Carolina, Killer Bees Honey owners Sean Collinsworth (a certified North Carolina Beekeeper) and wife Denise Altay (marketing and sales) will present another sweet weekend for guests of Half-Mile Farm in February. Like fine wine and chocolate, pure honey is a product of local terroir. Soil, air, water, climate and of course, plants and flowers contribute to the complexity of regional honey. Sean and Denise will present a sit-down sensory experience where guests will learn about life in the hive, how bees make honey, the differences between honey varietals, and what to look for when searching for honey purity all while savoring honey from the Killer Bees apiary.
- Friday and Saturday Social Hour from 5 - 6 pm with live music and complimentary hors d'oeuvres.
- J. Henry Farmhouse Tavern will feature signature cocktails, made with Killer Bees Honey.
- Saturday and Sunday breakfast from 8 - 10:30 am with recipes made from the delicious Killer Bees nectar.
- In-depth Killer Bees honey presentation and tasting on Saturday from 3 - 4 pm with beekeeper Sean Collinsworth.
- Throughout the weekend stop into Acorns in Highlands to pick up some killer [bees] swag, gifts and unique honey products to take home.
Book your stay at Half-Mile Farm February 26 - 28 for a honeyed weekend of interactive events.
Complimentary for Half-Mile Farm guests only.