Old Edwards Hospitality has been part of the Highlands community for a long time and we hope to be here for a lot longer. We are proud to live and work on the Plateau, and we know that a strong community is the backbone of a strong company. Our organization and our employees, look for ways to give back each year.
Some initiatives that we’ve focused on in recent years are:
Making a smaller footprint on
Supporting local schools and
Fostering economic growth by supporting local
Supporting many local non-profit
Recycling discarded soap bars
Donating time to sit on local boards,
to proctor at the schools and coach sports
teams, and mentor local as well as
international individuals who
want to learn skills appropriate for a career in hospitality.
Removing litter from roadsides each year when crews
We are also:
- Bringing happier holidays to local families and children through our annual food and toy drive for the Highlands Food Pantry and the regional chapter of Toys for Tots, where our employees donate thousands of food items and toys.
- Consulting with Waste Reduction Partners to improve energy management.
- Printing brochures for the Highlands Greenway Project.
- Funding scholarships for local graduating seniors.
- Hosting appreciation dinners for our local firefighters, police, and teachers during the holidays.
- Subsidizing daycare costs for working parents unable to meet the higher cost of living on the Plateau.
- Hosting a Stop-and-Adopt event for the Highland-Cashiers Humane Society.
- Partnering with Western Carolina University's Natural Resource Conservation and Management Program for a research project focused on uncovering new approaches to green hospitality.
- Donating space, supplies, and time to several non-profit causes and fundraisers like The Bascom Benefit Gala, Highlands Rotary Club Craft Beer Night, Highlands Food & Wine Festival, Highlands Chamber of Commerce Spring Fling and Autumn Ovation, and recently for free COVID testing for the community.