Travel and Operations Updates
This information is accurate as of today. Depending on when your stay is scheduled, these details could change. Please check back regularly for updates.
We know that you weigh your travel decisions even more carefully during this time of heightened awareness, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Half-Mile Farm again soon. The mountains are in their full glory right now, as spring brings fresh air, new life, sunshine and multiple opportunities for venturing out to commune with nature, helping to cleanse our minds and refresh our bodies.
As of May 8, 2020, Half-Mile Farm is now open with limited occupancy. While our inn was closed, our team has stayed busy preparing for a safe and comfortable return for guests. An exhaustive list of extensive cleaning and safety measures are being implemented in every aspect of our operations, including the use of air-cleansing ionizers across the property. Listed below are additional new practices that pertain to the guest experience, so please read them carefully prior to visiting.
General Safety and Prevention
- Employees and arriving guests will have their temperature checked with a touchless thermometer. Anyone with a temperature of 100 degrees or above will be asked to leave the property. If you are not feeling well, please stay home—particularly if you have a temperature—in order to avoid an uncomfortable situation upon arrival. Also, we encourage the highly vulnerable to stay at home and continue taking all extra precautions recommended for at-risk populations.
- We are limiting occupancy to provide extra space for distancing in our common areas.
- Our employees are wearing masks and gloves. We strongly urge you to wear masks in common indoor areas and to respect all guests and employees by practicing six-foot distancing at all times.
- We have rearranged and lightened up furniture groupings in our common areas to provide a comfortable and safe space for you to relax and enjoy yourself.
Food and Beverage Service
Due to our Governor’s mandate, as of 5/22 foodservice will be served as follows:
- Breakfast will be served from 8 am - 10:30 with tables spaced in accordance with guidelines.
- Complimentary canapés will be served from 5 - 6 pm and may be picked up from the Front Desk.
- Cookies will be individually wrapped for guests.
- Beer and Bottled Wine are available for purchase on the property.
- J. Henry Tavern will be open at 50% capacity from 2 – 10 pm daily with a limited menu. Food may also be ordered and picked up during those hours.
- Many Highlands restaurants are open for curbside or inside the pickup, including the new Four65 Woodfire Bistro + Bar where you order and pay online at Four65.com. Our team will be able to assist you with other options once you arrive. View List Here As of 5/22, Four65 Woodfire Bistro + Bar will also be open daily for walk-in service from 11 am to 10 pm.
- Madison's Restaurant at Old Edwards Inn will also open 5/22 for inside service. It will operate seven days a week for lunch from 11:30 am - 2 pm and dinner from 6 - 9 pm. Reservations are strongly suggested during this time, preferably at the time of booking.
- The Wine Garden to Old Edwards Inn will be open for lunch from 11:30 am - 2 pm, light fare will be served from 2 - 6 pm and dinner from 6 - 9 pm as a walk-in service.
In accordance with current legal restrictions, use of amenities is modified as follows:
- The pool will be open and seating around the decks has been rearranged to accommodate safety guidelines. Guests should sign in and are asked to limit their time to 2 hours or less. Please do not move furniture.
- The Garden House will be reopened with furniture arranged for proper spacing.
- Open and available for use is the golf course at Old Edwards Club where modified rules of engagement are in place. Our lake activities are all available as well.
- We have furnished additional outdoor areas where you can find a serene spot to relax with your party while practicing safe distancing.
- Spa services in the Serenity Suite will re-open as of 5/23.
- The shuttle into Highlands is temporarily suspended.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Highlands and Half-Mile Farm, and we remain open to your questions and feedback. We appreciate your cooperation in helping us maintain an experience that is relaxing, comfortably social, and in everyone’s best interest.