Travel and Operations Updates
This information is accurate as of today. Depending on when your stay is scheduled, these details could change. Please check back regularly for updates.
We know that you weigh your travel decisions even more carefully during this time of heightened awareness, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Half-Mile Farm again soon.
Half-Mile Farm is now open. While our inn was closed, our team stayed busy preparing for a safe and comfortable return for guests. An exhaustive list of extensive cleaning and safety measures are being implemented in every aspect of our operations, including the use of air-cleansing ionizers across the property. Listed below are additional new practices that pertain to the guest experience, so please read them carefully prior to visiting.
General Safety and Prevention
- Pursuant to Governor Roy Cooper’s Executive Order 147, and to further ensure guest well-being, effective June 26 masks or face coverings are mandatory for anyone 11 years and over while in public spaces. This includes streets and sidewalks in town. While we plan to have masks on hand for purchase, please be sure to bring a mask or other face-covering with you. Town officials do plan to enforce this new policy.
- Employees and arriving guests will have their temperature checked with a touchless thermometer. Anyone with a temperature of 100 degrees or above will be asked to leave the property. If you are not feeling well, please stay home—particularly if you have a temperature—in order to avoid an uncomfortable situation upon arrival. Also, we encourage the highly vulnerable to stay at home and continue taking all extra precautions recommended for at-risk populations.
- We promote distancing in our common areas.
- Our employees are wearing masks and using hand sanitizer when unable to wash their hands often. We strongly urge you to wear masks in common indoor areas and to respect all guests and employees by practicing six-foot distancing at all times. For the comfort and safety of all of our guests and employees, masks are required in The Spa at Old Edwards.
- We have rearranged and lightened up furniture groupings in our common areas to provide a comfortable and safe space for you to relax and enjoy yourself.
Food and Beverage Service
Due to our Governor’s mandate, food is served as follows:
- Breakfast is served daily from 8 am - 10:30, with tables spaced in accordance with guidelines.
- Complimentary canapés are served daily from 5 - 6 pm in the Woodland View Room, with tables spaced in accordance with guidelines..
- Complimentary cookies in the lobby are individually wrapped for guests.
- Beer and Bottled Wine are available for purchase on property.
- J. Henry Tavern is open at 50% capacity from 2 – 10 pm daily with a limited menu for dine in and take out.
- Madison's is open seven days a week for lunch (open to the public) from 11:30 am - 2 pm and dinner (Half-Mile Farm and Old Edwards Inn guests and members only) from 6 - 9 pm. Please make all dinner reservations at the time of booking, otherwise it is highly unlikely there will be any availability upon arrival.
- The Wine Garden at Old Edwards Inn is open to the public for lunch from 11:30 am - 4 pm, light fare from 4 - 6 pm and dinner from 6 - 9 pm as a walk-in service.
- Many Highlands restaurants are open for curbside or inside the pickup, including Four65 Woodfire Bistro + Bar where you order and pay online at Four65.com. Our team will be able to assist you with other options once you arrive: View List Here. Four65 Woodfire Bistro + Bar is open to the public daily for dine-in from 11 am - 10 pm and takeout from 12 - 9:30 pm.
In accordance with current legal restrictions, use of amenities is modified as follows:
- The whirlpool is open, however, our pool is closed for the season.
- The Garden House is open with furniture arranged for proper spacing.
- Old Edwards Club golf course is open and modified rules of engagement are in place.
- We have furnished additional outdoor areas where you can find a serene spot to relax with your party while practicing safe distancing.
- Spa services in the Serenity Suite are available. For the comfort and safety of all of our guests and employees, masks are required. Please make all spa reservations at the time of booking, otherwise it is highly unlikely there will be any availability upon arrival.
We look forward to welcoming you to Highlands and Half-Mile Farm, and we remain open to your questions and feedback. We appreciate your cooperation in helping us maintain an experience that is relaxing, comfortably social, and in everyone’s best interest.